RVYC General Sailing Instructions PART 1
RVYC General Sailing Instructions PART 2 - Wednesday Night Racing
RVYC Club Registration forms
- Annual Registration for the Club Racing Program must be submitted prior to participation in any of the Racing Program events to ensure scoring can be done.
- The period of vaildity of registration runs from January to December.
- RVYC Race Program Registration
- Sign up for Race Officer Duty
RVYC Club Sailing Instructions & Amendments - Effective 26 April 2019
- Club Sailing Instructions provide information to all sailors racing the Club Racing Program. Printed copies can be picked up at the club office.
- RVYC General Sailing Instructions PART 1
- RVYC General Sailing Instructions PART 2 - Wednesday Night Racing
PHRF (Performance Handicap Racing Fleet)
- Letter from PHRF-NW Handicapper, Kirk Palmer to the PHRF Sailors
- Pacific Handicap Racing Fleet of the Northwest PHRF-NW. Join PHRF-NW to get a rating and be eligible for racing in our Trophy Races and Regattas and for regattas and races at other clubs.
- List of Current Members and their ratings
PIYA SER 2015 Safety Regulations
- Sailing Instructions for Club Racing Sailing, Trophy Races, and Distance divisions of regattas reference the PIYA SER 2015 Safety Regulations. For your convenenience these regulations are available here in .pdf format, .xls format and Google spreadsheet
- PIYA SER 2015 Safety Regulations170.62 KB
- PIYA SER 2015 Safety Regulations105 KB
- PIYA SER 2015 Safety Regulations (Google Docs)
Racing Funds and Wall of Excellence
Links to Racing Rules of Sailing and Related Documents
- All sailboat racing is governed by the current Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS). You can download a copy in pdf format from the Official Website of the World Sailing at sailing.orgor you can buy a printed copy at the club office.
- The Sail Canada at www.sailing.ca is the governing body for sailing in Canada. Sail Canada publishes Prescriptions (Addenda to the Racing Rules of Sailing) that apply to sailboat racing in Canada, Race Management Tools (Guides & Templates for NOR and SI, Protest & Redress Forms), Interpretations of RRS, Protests, Appeals, Measurements, PHRF and other useful documents
- International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea (COLREGs) are published by the International maritime Organization and are referenced in the Sail Canada Prescriptions.
- Transport Canada publishes numerous Marine Safety Publications, including the Safe Boating Guide and Collision Regulations
- Weather and Tides
- Big Wave Dave - Forecasts - Wind Predictions
- Weather Underground
- More links can be found on the Juniors page under the Links menu
- More links can be found at Boating Links on the Members menu. There are some very useful links there, including a page with Member Submitted Links. NOTE: You must be logged in to view the Members menu.
- V.I.R.S. - Vancouver Island Racing Series on facebook promotes and celebrates keelboat racing on Vancouver Island by combining 13 existing regattas into a year-long series.
- Royal Victoria Yacht Club Racing Page - Facebook page