Tools and Techniques of Yacht Repair and Maintenance presented by Chris Sturrock
An educational event for members and their guests - registration not required.
Tuesday, March 12 at 7pm in the Main Lounge.
Chris Sturrock has been member of the Club since 2005 and has extensive experience in yacht repair and maintenance. This talk we be focused on teaching boaters how to conduct their own repairs and orient them to the most useful tools. Topics covered will be based on audience interest and may include:
- Advantages of doing your own maintenance
- Strategies for tackling difficult problems and projects
- Being resourceful and using what you have to fix a problem
- Preventative maintenance - five things that most commonly fail on a typical sailboat/powerboat propulsion system
- Tools and techniques for removing frozen and or difficult to access screws and bolts including rusted bolts, stainless steel, stainless bolts embedded into aluminum
- Tools and techniques for accessing and removing and installing hoses (water, sewer, exhaust, drain)
- Inexpensive specialised tools that I have acquired for specific jobs over 25 years that have helped a great deal
- Cordless power tool technology: brushless vs traditional – reviews and recommendations