Please note - the Racer's Forum scheduled for Monday, October 21 has been cancelled
Clubhouse Renovations Update
September 27, 2019
The following is a summary of the latest timelines we have on the remaining Phase 1 Clubhouse design renovation activities.
Refinishing of the Swiftsure Dining Room and Chart Room tables should be finished by the end of September.
During the first week of October, off-site construction will commence on the new Dining Room banquette.
The most noticeable transformations are scheduled for the last week of October as follows:
- The new carpet and underlay will be installed October 28th, 29th and 30th.The Dining Room and Chart Room will be closed on these dates.
- Installation of the new banquette in the Dining Room and re-upholstering of the existing Chart Room banquettes. Stay tuned for Dining Room and Chart Room closure dates to accommodate this process.
- We expect the new furniture (chairs, bar stools, and additional tables) for the Dining Room and Chart Room to arrive the last week of October. As noted in the September Mainsheet, if you haven’t seen the new chair style, check out the sample arm chair in Simon’s office!
Once the banquette upholstering and installation of the new carpet and furniture is complete, the Dining Room, East Entrance Foyer, and Chart Room will be assessed to determine if additional lighting and window treatments are required.
We anticipate the Phase 1 activities will be finished before the Clubhouse fall events kick in to high gear and hope you will come and check out the transformation!
The Club office staff will continue to provide interim updates and service disruption notices at the Clubhouse main entrance and electronically via the Jibsheet, and the “Latest News” section of the Club website. We thank members for their continued patience as the work progresses.
Your Design Team for this project is Sheri Peterson Interior Design, Philip Bourque, Jolanta Cholewczynska, Allan Davies, Charlotte Gann, Simon Gatrell, Dixie Klaibert, David Motherwell, and Deb Serviss.
Viewing Statements Online
We have changed our statement portal online. This means all members will need to register their profile in order to view their statement.
Follow these easy steps to register your profile:
1. Login to the RVYC website
2. Go to the Member Statements section of the website:
3. Click Member Registration
4. Enter your Member Number, First Name and Last Name exactly as entered in Jonas. You can see how your name and member number are entered into Jonas by looking at your monthly statement you would receive by email or mail. Please include all zeros in your member number.
5. Setup Username and Password. You will see this page once your name and member number have been validated.
You can select your Username and Password on this screen. Usernames are not case sensitive, however Passwords are case sensitive.
In the event the password is forgotten, please select one of your e-mail addresses from the drop-down to associate with your user account. If there are no emails available in the drop-down menu, enter in your desired email address.
6. You are now registered to view member statements. You will not need to register again, but simply enter your login information.
You can read a more detailed step by step instruction guide by clicking here. You can also call the Administration Office during office hours, and we can help you through the registration process.
Royal Victoria Yacht Club - Job Posting
Approx. 30hrs /week
The Royal Victoria Yacht Club (RVYC) is seeking an accounting assistant. The Accounting assistant will assist the Finance Officer in the day-to-day efficient operation of the Royal Victoria Yacht Club (RVYC) accounts. This will include maintaining the general ledger; processing accounts payable invoices so that they are accurate, relate to authorized expenditures and are paid within 30 days; generating invoices, processing and reconciling accounts receivable, maintaining the general ledger, conducting the monthly bank reconciliation, processing bi-weekly payrolls through Ceridian Payroll Co., and conducting such quality controls as are necessary to ensure accuracy in processing and in the accounts of the RVYC.
The ideal candidate will have five years accounting and payroll experience. Demonstrated experience working with JONAS and Ceridian is preferred or experience with similar computerized financial and accounting systems.
Salary will be commensurate with work experience. The RVYC does provide a comprehensive benefits package.
Please apply online providing your resume and cover letter to the General Manager of RVYC at info [AT] rvyc [DOT] ca.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted with regard to the status of their application.
Please click here for a detailed Job Description