The Risk Management Committee had an emergency meeting this morning to discuss the evolving situation and concerns surrounding the Covid-19 virus. Committee members are Board Chair, Vice Commodore, Treasurer and General Manager.
The following decision and directive was approved for the Club effective March 12th 2020:
In light of the world events surrounding Covid-19 evolving rapidly and the postponement of the Laser Midwinter West sailing regatta in LA, RVYC participation in all international regattas is hereby cancelled until further notice. RVYC will continue to monitor closely the impact of Covid-19 and the related effects on Clubs activities.