RVYC is proud to provide assistance for, and at times sponsor, community events and initiatives. Examples include the following:
- Sponsor for the Swiftsure International Yacht Race for the past 80 years as well as numerous local regattas.
- Sponsor for the Easter Seal Regatta, raising close to $700,000 for children with disabilities.
- Sponsor of the annual “Sea of Lights” Christmas parade, a fundraiser for the Kiwanis, Salvation Army and the Food Bank.
- Providing support for BC Marine Parks Forever.
- Organizing host boats during the summer at Portland Island Marine Park
- Offering sailing instruction to about 400 kids annually (open to the public).
- Offering racing and cruising instruction to adults, including the over-50 women’s “Salty Sisters” (open to the public).
- Providing support for Olympic and Paralympic Racers.
Upcoming and Recently Completed Community Events Include the Following (click on event to read information about it):