Welcome to the Royal Victoria Yacht Club
With over 120 years of rich history, the RVYC is the oldest yacht club in western Canada. Our main clubhouse and marina is located on the protected waters of Cadboro Bay, while our Tsehum Harbour marina is located along the premium shores of Sidney’s inner waterfront. Our club offers fun, friendly and affordable atmosphere; a place to race all kinds of sailboats; a place to start your cruise or family adventure; a place to have fun with families and friends; a place to simply get away!
Programs and facilities include:
- organized sailboat racing ranging from PHRF (Pacific Handicap Racing Fleet) to several one design classes (including crew drop in for non-members);
- several organized cruising activities throughout the year, each with it’s own theme, location, and activities;
- recently upgraded docks with moorage for over 350 boats in Cadboro Bay and soon to be upgrade slips for 85 boats in Tsehum Harbour;
- substantial dry dock space for dinghies and small keelboats;
- outstanding maintenance facilities including a marine ways, two cranes, boat ramp, workshop, change rooms, showers, and laundry (Cadboro Bay);
- a stately clubhouse for members and guests including a very special waterfront dining room and old British style pub; several lounges and rooms for juniors; a large ballroom for private functions like weddings and corporate events.
- access to several small keel boats, one design racing dinghies, and even stand up paddle boards for member use.
New members and guests are always welcome! Please contact us for further information. Or simply drop by for a visit and ask to be shown around, a member of our administrative team, Commodore, or club member would be happy to show you our fabulous facilities. When you are convinced the RVYC offers the best nautical activity club on Vancouver island, let us know and let us take you for a sail.
Join the RVYC