Tonight's Dinner Features:
Royal Victoria Yacht Club Members Use of Club-owned Boats
Goal: To increase members use and enjoyment of club-owned boats.
- 420’s and Optimist / Opti Dinghies
- 15 420’s in total (6 new and 9 older boats).
- Staff/coaches to assign boats.
- There will possibly be 1 or 2 new 420’s set aside for Race Team members.
- 26 Optimist and Opti’s
Criteria for Use:
- RVYC membership
- Successful completion of a LTS course or demonstrated equivalent.
Demonstrated equivalent includes safely and successfully sailing out to the Mini 12 Buoy and back. Assessed by staff/coach.
- Expectation that member can self-rescue in the event of a capsize.
- Expectation that boat is properly de-rigged and put away after sailing.
- Log Book kept of those sailors able to sign out a Club-owned boat.
- All sailors must sign in and out each time they use a boat.
- Upper safe wind velocity to take out a boat is at the staff/coach discretion. General upper wind limit is 15-18 knots.
- For 420’s, jibs only must be used to come back to dock. Main sails to be taken down at marked piling. Paddles to be supplied and carried in each boat at sign in.
- Priority for the use of new 420 dinghies will be for members using spinnaker and trapeze.
- Overall priority of the boats is for scheduled sailing programs. Boats must be returned on time in case there is a instruction program that needs the boat.
- Monday – Friday – June 16 until end of August. Hours 0900 - 1800. Boat availability dependent on number of boats being used in LTS courses
- Saturday – July 1 until end of August. Hours 1200 – 1600
- Sunday – July 1 until end of August. Hours 1100 – 1600
- During the week, LTS staff/coaches will be available to sign boats in and out.
- On Saturday and Sunday, there will be one coach/staff available to sign boats in and out and to do checks out on the water in a RIB as needed.
View the 2018 Member Forum Schedule below. Member Forums start at 7pm in the Main Lounge.
Beginning May 10th, 2018 Washington State has declared Puget Sound and certain adjoining waters a No Discharge Zone. Boaters are prohibited from discharging sewage, treated or not. Please see a map of the area and further information on the regulations on the Washington State Department of Ecology website - Click Here.
Wednesday Night BBQ's
Wednesday Night BBQ's are back for the summer! Join us on Wednesday evenings from 5:30-9:00pm for a BBQ at the club. A variety of burgers and sides available each week - vegetarian and seafood options available. We hope to see you there!
*A la carte menu is not available on Wednesdays.